Thursday, May 28, 2009

Challenges from sisters

We are mashALLAH 5 sisters, and since I’ve been in the DB challenges, my sisters have started to challenge me on their own, here are 2 from them..

Date and Walnut Bread

Date and Walnut Bread (Adapted from joyofbaking.com)










1st challenge: cake from pie in the sky which is very famous for the banana walnut bread, and yes I like it too and I thought I should try making one. I had seen a similar recipe on net and kept the link so I used that recipe, I didn’t fold in the whole thing in the batter rather I poured half batter in the pan first then topped with the date and walnut mixture and batter again so it came out like the one in the bakery. The cake was quite soft and crumbly, and tasted even better.




Fudgy Chocolate Brownies Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Adapted from joyofbaking.com


2nd challenge: another cake from a different cake shop called hobnob, chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache. Before pouring the ganache I first use a crumb coat of chocolate butter cream and let it set in fridge, then poured chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate shaving, I happily let it sit to set and went about to meet a client when I got back the cake was gone with just 1 slice left (that was even kept for my sis-in-law) I really kicked myself for not taking photos before so I just had this 1 piece and that even my sis-in-law thought I was going to eat it won’t give it to me for the photos, until I explained I need it only to take few images for my blog she agreed (was standing all the time next to me). haha


and I made some cupcakes with the same recipe with different frosting.



No comments: